Profiles of Company Founders
Mark Trowbridge's 30 years in procurement began with 15 years in corporate positions in the Financial, Airlines, & Manufacturing sectors ending as Director of Strategic Sourcing & Contracting Management for Bank of America…where his groups delivered more than $250 Million in savings through sourcing and key negotiations of traditional and non-traditional acquisitions in support of that global enterprise.
During the last 16 years, Mark has experienced great success in procurement consulting, exceeding targeted savings objectives on large sourcing projects in many industries for two leading consulting firms, prior to co-founding Strategic Procurement Solutions in 2000. Throughout his consulting tenure, Mr. Trowbridge has assisted clients in capturing hundreds of million dollars in cost reductions.
Mr. Trowbridge holds a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration from Pepperdine University. He earned his C.P.M. designation from the ISM in 1993, and his lifetime certification in 2003. He earned his CPSM in 2008, and has been recertified in 2011 and 2014. Mark also earned the prestigious MCIPS certification from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply in London in 2011.
Mark Trowbridge is an active member of the ISM, NCMA, CIPS, and IACCM. He is an invited guest speaker for many supply management groups, including numerous seminars for corporate clients, governmental agencies, and professional associations. He has made key presentations in nearly all of the last 15 ISM International Conferences. He is also a featured keynote speaker and conference presenter around the world. His business travels with Strategic Procurement Solutions have taken him throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Malaysia, and the Middle East during the last year.
Mark has been a featured author for many publications, including Supply Chain Management Review Journal, Inside Supply Manageme`nt Magazine, eSide Supply Management, and Supply Management eZine. For two consecutive years, his articles were among the Top 10 most-read in ISM’s eSide Supply Management. Mark also frequently writes articles for our firm’s Best Practices in Supply Management Journal which is now distributed to more than 13,000 supply chain professionals (subscribe for free on the Home Page).
Mark Trowbridge is rated by LinkedIn as an “All Star” and a “Top Contributor”. His profile page contains 20+ references and 400+ endorsements. Mark’s is among the “Top 1% Most-Viewed” of LinkedIn profiles.
Robert Dunn's career in supply management has covered 40 years. Mr. Dunn's consulting experience includes successful projects on behalf of three consulting firms. Previously, Bob held key corporate positions in procurement & materials management in the Government, Technology, & Financial sectors, leading to the position of Director of Corporate Procurement for Bank of America, currently the fifth-most-profitable U.S. corporation.
Robert Dunn co-founded Strategic Procurement Solutions in 2000, and is actively involved in the firm’s most-important engagements. Mr. Dunn's professional expertise focuses upon procurement, materials, and contract management. He has been an active member with the Institute of Supply Management and its predecessor organization (N.A.P.M.) for the past 36 years, past President of two NAPM chapters, and a frequent instructor at various association seminars and workshops. He was an executive board member and chaired the banking benchmarking committee for the Center for Advanced Purchasing Studies (CAPS).
Mr. Dunn has a dynamic teaching style, and is a popular guest lecturer to clients, college programs & industry associations concerning 'Best Practices in Supply Management' & related topics. He has instructed at the collegiate level for 15 years in the field of Supply Management, formerly at Saint Mary's College in the Contracts Management MBA Program and California State University, Hayward, in the Graduate School of Business & Economics.
Robert received his MBA in Business Education from San Francisco University, and a BS degree in Business Administration from the University of San Francisco.
Other Procurement Staff Experts
Every one of consultants has a track record of “multi-million dollar” savings, otherwise they won’t be considered by our company for project roles.
Our model of staffing is very different from the large consulting companies, who frequently assign to their customers multiple “green peas” (fresh MBA graduates which cost them little in salary) to work under the direction of a supervisor who might have managed one or two similar projects (but who may never have held a real procurement job). Moreover, the big consultancies often play an invisible game called “de-crewing” where a third of the way into the project, they systematically begin to replace the platinum team with the cardboard team.
Strategic Procurement Solutions performs our client projects only with “experienced” or “greybeard” experts who have proven experience, documented by the delivery of significant cost reductions throughout their professional lives. Clients are impressed with the maturity and experience of our delivery teams. Examples of our team members include:
• Practice Leader with 30 years’ experience delivering $200 Million in savings and supply chain improvements as second in command in Chevron Corporation’s global supply chain organization. MS in Engineering.
• Procurement Specialist with Legal Degree and 32 years’ experience in information technology sourcing and contracting. JD, C.P.M. • Procurement Specialist with 25 years of experience in directing strategic sourcing, procurement and supply chain improvements, and cost reductions, for employers like Disney, BP, and several leading manufacturing firms. MBA, C.P.M.
• Procurement Specialist with 15 years of information technology sourcing and contracting experience for employers like Symantec, EDS, MCI, and CSAA Insurance.
• Practice Leader with 25 years of cost reduction and complex contracting experience in corporate roles for firms like NEC Electronics, Waave Communications, and Mervyn’s. CPSM and C.P.M. certifications.
• Practice Leader with 16 years of supply chain optimization experience for employers like Toyota Motors, Embarq, and Sprint Corporation. PhD, Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Master’s Degree.
• Procurement Specialist with 30 years of cost reduction and supply chain improvement experience with Bank of America (SVP) and Bank of the West (EVP).
• Procurement Specialist with 25 years of procurement process and materials management experience with employers like Apple, Atari, and Sun Microsystems . C.P.M. and CPIM. MS in Engineering.
• Procurement Specialist with 24 years of sourcing and procurement leadership experience with companies like Masonite, Abercrombie & Fitch, GE Healthcare, and American Outfitters.
• Procurement Specialist with 27 years of sourcing, auctions management, contracts management, and procurement transformation leadership for employers like General Electric, American Family Insurance, and Siemens Medical. MBA, BS in Industrial Technology, AS in Engineering. CPSM, C.P.M., CPIM, CQM, Six Sigma Black Belt
Copyright 2000 - 2013, Strategic Procurement Solutions, LLC